Dead Rooster Survives Bug Attack on Universal Mummy Coaster

61 Responses to “Dead Rooster Survives Bug Attack on Universal Mummy Coaster”

Comments

1. RebeccaNo Gravatar says:

Oh, thank you!
    That’s just what I needed this morning, tears in my eyes and a pain in my side from laughing so hard.
    My favorite part…..“I didn’t like it too much.” LOL!
    Love it, thanks!

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 13th, 2008 7:15 am:

You’re welcome, Rebecca!

I’m glad you enjoyed it. 🙂

2. Oh, you had me laughing out loud! Your poor Grandma! She really has the knack for understatement.

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 13th, 2008 7:17 am:

I couldn’t believe how calm she looked after the ride. It was like it never even happened. 🙂

3. KathyNo Gravatar says:

“Grandma’s face melts into a rictus skull of terror. Oh, man! Add me to the list of people who needed a belly laugh first thing in the morning! I feel like I was on that ride with you. And now I don’t need that second cup of coffee. I love your grandma. That woman rocks!

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 13th, 2008 8:24 am:

I am probably the only one in our family to ever see her in a state other than “quiet.” 🙂

4. AngieSSNo Gravatar says:

LMFAO I swear to Gawd William I think I just peed myself — I’m literally typing through tears. Thank the Lord she had a strong heart. Hahahahaha…I can’t stop laughing. Wow, I needed that.

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 13th, 2008 8:25 am:

Thanks, Angie!

By the way, I just offered AN ENTIRE CASE of Tuborg for you… 🙂

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 13th, 2008 8:56 am:

p.s. Thanks for the Stumble! 🙂

5. Nice! Reminds me of the time my senile grandmother kept insisting we take swim trunks to the mall because of their new swimming pool. I left her to herself while I went to buy some candy and returned to find her swimming in the coin fountain. You gotta love those old, wrinkled folks.

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 13th, 2008 8:27 am:

Haha! You are SO funny, man! Where have you been hiding? I’m glad I found your blog yesterday–great stuff! 🙂

6. Oh, you can find me in most dive bars performing for a beer or two.

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 13th, 2008 10:21 am:

So, THAT’S where you’ve been hiding… 🙂

7. TiggyNo Gravatar says:

Hilarious!

They should build one of those rides inside a real pyramid in Egypt. Imagine the tourism possibilities!

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 13th, 2008 10:18 am:

Great idea! Maybe someone with the Egyptian Tourism Board will see this and make it happen! 🙂

8. Wayne JohnNo Gravatar says:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! All I can think of is your picture on Flowbee day. hahahahahaha!

Hey, you know they send you backwards to put your spine back into alignment right? hahahahaha

Damn, I need to go ride this one…

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 13th, 2008 11:25 am:

If you do ride it, let me know if you see an extra spleen laying around… 🙂

9. MetallmanNo Gravatar says:

Hey there. Love the description. I’m assuming that you won’t be heading over to Six Flags Magic Mountain anytime soon, huh. I haven’t been to Universal Studios since forever. The last time I went, it was a walk in the park and with no rides what so ever but I might have to check this Mummy ride out sometime. It sounds worth it.

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 13th, 2008 2:54 pm:

I have been to Magic Mountain a few times (My ex-wife LOVES rollercoasters), but I have only been there once since they stopped serving beer. LOL 🙂

10. LynneNo Gravatar says:

OMG! What a vivid, and completely frightening picture! I can just see grandma ripping off your shirt and screaming! I wouldn’t have been able to walk after that!

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 13th, 2008 5:10 pm:

I was, indeed, a bit wobbly. 🙂

11. DebNo Gravatar says:

I’m surprised they let the 70-year-old granny on the ride! This was a riot! I still laughed even when got to the ‘S’ word. “Pooping” wouldn’t have cut it.

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 13th, 2008 6:33 pm:

You must’ve read my forum post on Humorbloggers! Yes, I think I HAD to use the S-word there. LOL 🙂

12. EmilyNo Gravatar says:

OMG- I peed myself – which isn’t too hard to get me to do these days since I’m 9 months pregnant – but still that was hilarious!

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 13th, 2008 6:34 pm:

Thanks, Emily! 🙂

You know, there’s no shame in wearing adult diapers when you read my blog… LOL 🙂

13. chat blancNo Gravatar says:

O.M.G. Too funny!! And, I have to agree, the use of the word “shitting” was definitely warranted! 😀

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 14th, 2008 5:05 am:

Thanks! I just couldn’t come up with a more precise phrase. I think it works. LOL 🙂

14. KarenNo Gravatar says:

I choked on my cocoa, pissed my jammies and made all the cats run terrified from the room. Truly, a magnificent post.

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 14th, 2008 8:33 am:

Haha! Thank you! 🙂

I’m beginning to notice a pattern here–for some reason, this story seems to be inducing some form of involuntary urination. 🙂

15. JennNo Gravatar says:

Excellent story, William! I’m glad to have these sorts of warnings about rides. I had an experience in Disney’s Alien Encounter where, due to the wonders of today’s special effects, an alien appears to have slurped my skull– which to this day creeps me out. I would have liked to know in advance, to brace myself, for potential skull-slurping. This sounds very similar to that.

All hail Im-ho-tep.

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 14th, 2008 8:36 am:

Thanks, Jenn! 🙂

I think if one of these mummies slurped my skull, it would’ve finished me for good. Thanks for the warning about the Alien Encounter–somehow I missed that one during my recent trip to Disney World. 🙂

16. PetraNo Gravatar says:

OMG that is classic!!! I am sure I would be shitting my pants too. Of course your story did make me wet my pants a little from all the laughing. thanks for that!

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 14th, 2008 5:13 pm:

Thank you! Of course, you are one of the few people I thought would actually LIKE this ride! LOL 🙂

How about if they came up one based on Suspiria? …no, too many maggots. LOL 🙂

17. RhodesTerNo Gravatar says:

I used to work there as a ride op on the ET Attraction, which was a slow moving fantasy ride that grandma would have loved. I’ve heard that it’s since been torn out and the building used for the Mummy ride. Haven’t been, so thanks for the update. I remember the portion of the tram ride that went throught the discombobulating mummy’s tomb. You nailed it.. slow, but icky.

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 15th, 2008 5:48 am:

When we got on the tram (after the Mummy ride) and go through the tunnel, Evelyn says “THIS is what I was talking about,” referring to the bugs. I think it’s the same tunnel that used to be the Abominable Snowman thing–I’m not sure though.

Anyway, I think ET would’ve been a lot more relaxing for Grandma than the skull-ripping ride we went on. That’s for sure. 🙂

18. MorganNo Gravatar says:

Have you read Hitchcock’s definition of suspense? http://www.mysterynet.com/books/testimony/mystery-vs-thriller.shtml (third paragraph)
    You nailed it. I was on the edge of my seat. I feel sorry for you and that poor woman, but you both seem to be very good sports about it.

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 15th, 2008 12:32 pm:

Wow! Morgan, very cool! I actually saw an interview with Hitchcock and he was describing that VERY same concept where he describes the bomb under the table. I never forgot it. I always wished I could see it again, and here you are directing me to it. THANKS! 🙂

19. dieselNo Gravatar says:

That sounds sweet. I love rollercoasters.

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 15th, 2008 3:29 pm:

If you love rollercoasters, I think you’d like this one. It doesn’t have enormous drops or anything, but it’s fast, the backwards feature is surprising and you can’t beat the ambiance. 🙂

20. ettaroseNo Gravatar says:

Oh my God! I would love to have seen the picture of you two on that ride. The post was funny enough, I can just imagine how you guys must have looked. What a riot.

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 17th, 2008 7:19 am:

During one of the most violent drops they take your picture. I went to buy it, but our faces were obscured. Bummer. 🙂

21. LidianNo Gravatar says:

I was queasy just reading this – oh how I hate roller coasters (most carnival rides too, really, I am quite the curmudgeon at a fair!). I went on a teeny one once and am still recovering.

That grandma wins the prize for Understatement of the Year – love it! 🙂

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 18th, 2008 5:54 am:

The rides I REALLY hate are the one’s that spin you around until you throw-up. 🙂

22. Ad InfinitumNo Gravatar says:

I laughed and laughed, and am still laughing as I’m typing. Never went on rollercosters before, and something tells me I’ll think twice before i do. 😀

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 18th, 2008 5:56 am:

Oh, you have to try it at least once! A lot of people–such as my ex-wife–really love them. I don’t really mind the speed so much as the weightless drops–that’s what gets to me. 🙂

23. HawaiianPunNo Gravatar says:

Cracked up in empathy at the “BANG! The thing instantly goes from 0 to 500 miles-per-hour and Grandma’s face melts into a rictus skull of terror.” I just went on the ride last year and literally cannot imagine my 50-ish parents on the thing, let alone someone your sister-in-law’s mother’s age! Would’ve loved to see her reaction when you told her what the ride really was (or when she reads this post!).

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on November 19th, 2008 11:59 pm:

We told her right after we got off the ride, but she didn’t believe us until we went on the tram tour that brought us through the bug part she was thinking of. 🙂

24. LeslieNo Gravatar says:

Holy Cow!!! I love randomly going through your posts. This one had me laughing so loud my husband came to see what all the racket was about. I forced him to read this (Me: OMG you have to read this! Him: That’s alright, as long as you are alright. Me: Seriously, you have to read this! Him: Not right now. Me: Please, please read this? Him: heavy sigh, Oh, alright) He was guffawing and wanted to know if your Sister In Law was ever told how bad the ride was.

William McCammentNo Gravatar reply on January 21st, 2009 7:05 am:

Thanks, Leslie, I appreciate your enthusiasm. This is one of my favorite blog posts — I told this story to several family members and friends and it always gets laughs.

My sister-in-law has been told MANY times by both her mother and me; AND she’s read this blog post. LOL 🙂

Share Your Thoughts...