A couple days ago, Darren Rowse over at ProBlogger offered up this 7 Link Challenge. The object is to link to 7 posts that fit into these 7 themes. Here are mine:
1. Your First Post — Dead Rooster Takes Flight. This is it — the one that started it all! It was my very first blog post on this site. I never thought anyone ever read it until almost 2-years after I wrote it when someone finally left the first comment.
2. A Post You Enjoyed Writing the Most — Dead Rooster Survives Bug Attack on Universal Mummy Coaster. This post, according to my readers, is BY FAR the funniest thing I ever wrote on this blog. There are no less than four comments by people that confess to peeing their pants while reading it. It’s interesting how the posts I enjoy writing the most are the one’s that are the most successful (except the one I listed below at #6).
3. A Post That Had a Great Discussion — Dead Rooster’s Sure Fire Method for Seducing Women. Some of the comments by my readers were priceless! And, I’m sure they had a great time making fun of me too! LOL
4. A Post on Someone Else’s Blog That You Wish You’d Written — I May Be Unemployed, But I’ve Got Big Plans. I could have chose almost anything from Margaret’s blog Nanny Goats In Panties because I think she is one of the most entertaining writers out there. But, I chose this story because I laughed my ass off when I read it a couple of years ago and I never forgot it. Hilarious stuff!
5. A Post With a Title That You Are Proud Of — Hot Blonde Reveals Cruel Method to Increase Blog Traffic. Come on, admit it! This was a stroke of genius! OK, maybe not, but I was pretty proud of myself after I came up with this title. And, it wasn’t long after I wrote this that my blog was featured on CNN… coincidence? Another interesting fact: I came up with the title and then wrote a post to fit it.
6. A Post That You Wish More People Had Read — Dead Rooster: Confessions of a Dot Com Trillionaire. For some reason, this post just never got going. I thought it was one of the funniest things I’d ever wrote, but as usual, when I think something I wrote is funny, I’m the only one that thinks so.
7. Your Most Visited Post Ever — How to Get in the Mood to Write. This is my most visited blog post. I wrote it 2-years ago and still get a substantial amount of visitors to it week-in and week-out.
I hope you enjoyed this clip-show style blog post. Let me know if you take the challenge with your blog.