Dead Rooster dot com is the online home of William McCamment, who is likely to break so many rules of blogging and writing that purists and grammatically sensitive types should turn away immediately.
After a brief jaunt as Chief Art Restorer at the Louvre in Paris (I’m the guy that removed the mustache from the Mona Lisa), and flush with cash from the rapid success of my first novel, Eskimo Love Triangle: The Story of Incessant Barking Outside the Igloo, I made the only logical choice and moved to Southern California where I started this blog.
The name of this site, Dead Rooster, comes from a quote I read more than 20-years ago: “Better a dead rooster than a running hen.” After reading it, I said to myself, yup, I’m going with it, and it has been my mantra ever since. Unfortunately, I’ve lost the source to that quote and my attempts to rediscover it have proved fruitless (if anyone DOES know the source, please use my contact page to let me know so I can apply the proper attribution).
OK, so maybe I’ve mildly exaggerated a few things; such as being an art restorer, or having written a novel, or implying that I have any money–but I really do live in Southern California! And, after looking at my picture here, you’d have to admit, “damn, that guy is one GOOD-LOOKING son-of-a-bitch!” (well…maybe you should have a few drinks…)
Here are a few things about me that are 100% true:
- I am 51-years old, 6’2″ and in reasonably good shape
- I have dark-brown hair and brown eyes (no gray hair–and no, I don’t color it)
- I have all most some of the hair on my head that I had in high-school
- I go for a nature hike nearly every day
- I am an expert in rare books, collectibles and antiques
- I am a cat person
- I am into photography
- I am a sports fan (Packers, Chargers, Lakers)
- I have studied the bible, but am not at all religious and consider myself an Apatheist
- I’ve been divorced since 2002 which means I’m SINGLE!!!!
- I am STRAIGHT (sorry, no exceptions)
- I am willing to date a woman between the ages of 21 and 35 with the hotness of a supermodel as long as she picks-up the check and does all the driving.
So, there you have it. I will add more as time goes on and I think of things.